Las Vegas Area Local 761Latest News
Dear Brothers and Sisters
I just received the below information from management . I will keep you updated with the information as soon as I receive it.
Regarding the payroll issue you contacted me about this morning, nearly 90,000 individuals, all APWU bargaining unit employees, are anticipated to be impacted by a payroll error this week. The individuals will fall into three categories:
- Individual will receive no pay
- Individual will receive only one week’s pay
- Individual will receive the base pay, but no overtime
It is unknown at this time how many individuals fall into each category and the locations. Those affected individuals will be provided the option to receive a salary advance at their local office. I’ll provide more details about the situation and solution as I receive it.
industrial Relations Director
Your TSP Account – What to Think About When Nearing Retirement or Considering Leaving the Government
Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2018 – 2-4 p.m.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board are co- sponsoring a program titled “Your TSP Account – What to Think About When Nearing Retirement or Considering Leaving the Government” on Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2018, from 2 to 4 p.m. (EST) at the SEC, 100 F St. N.E., Washington, D.C. 20549, and via live public webcast (and later, an archived webcast). This event, scheduled during World Investor Week, is open to all federal employees and members of the uniformed services, and is designed for those who may be considering retiring or leaving federal service.
The program will cover Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) distribution options, withdrawals and rollouts. Discussion also will cover fees, the common red flags of investment fraud, how to check out a financial professional and questions to ask when thinking about moving funds from the TSP.
How to Attend
You can attend this program in person (live), via webcast (live) or by viewing the archived webcast:
- Go to this link on Oct. 2 at 2 p.m. to attend the program via live webcast.
- Register to attend in person by sending your name, agency, title and photo (passport style for security) toTSPProgram@SEC.gov. The SEC is located at 100 F St. N.E., Washington, D.C. 20549 (adjacent to Union Station). Please arrive by 1:30 p.m. the day of the event to go through the security process. The registration cutoff date is Friday, Sept. 21, and in-person attendance is limited to 150. The TSP and the SEC will have information and resource tables set up for in-person attendees.
- There will be an archived webcast with links to presentation slides on this page beginning Oct. 5.
For More Information
If you have questions about the program not addressed above, please contact Tom Manganello.
- For questions about your TSP retirement, please go to theTSP website or call the TSP’s ThriftLine at 877-968-3778 to speak to a TSP expert.
- For investment-related questions, go to Investor.govor call the SEC’s investor assistance line at 800-732-0330.
- For more information on World Investor Week, see theSEC’s World Investor Week page.
Please read and be aware that Trump and the GOP is trying to privatize the USPS.
This is the bill that was introduced into congress just recently. Members please contract your local and state reps to cosponsor this bill.
H.Res.993 - Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that Congress should take all appropriate measures to ensure that the United States Postal Service remains an independent establishment of the Federal Government and is not subject to privatization.
ERROR: Go to Admin Area and Enter your Apple Store and Google Play Store links in the site settings area. Your site must have a mobile app to use this module. Member LoginMember LoginUpcoming EventsPaused